Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Granolas

It's important to note that most of the foods I eat are either one ingredient (like plain yogurt) or I have made them myself to be sure that they do not include any foods which give me trouble.

Here is a loose recipe for my granola which is on the oily side. As I've said before, I need a lot of oil in my diet, you may not need the same. For a drier granola, which is then in fact a muesli, cut back on the oil:
- fill one cookie sheet with 1/2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil (or two if two will fit into your oven at once) and place in over at 350 F for one minute or until the fat melts
- spread an even layer of large flake oats over the cookie sheet
- add another 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil and use a spatula to move the oats around until they are coated with oil. That's 1 Tbsp of fat (butter + oil) for each cookie sheet
- place in oven for 10 minutes
- remove from oven and drizzle 1Tbsp of honey over each cookie sheet
- sprinkle with your favourite cookie spices: cinnamon and cardamom are good ones
- place back in the oven for 10 more minutes or until the oats turn a light brown colour. Careful: they can burn very quickly!
- remove from oven and cool on pans for 5 minutes. Now is the time to add raisins, nuts, coconut flakes, flax, seeds, your favourite granola ingredients.
- place in a glass jar immediately, before it starts to stick to the pan. Let cool fully before refridgerating.

Now you have your own delicious sugar-free granola!

No comments:

Post a Comment