Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why the War on Wheat?

I've written before that I'm not the best person to explain why many of us should reduce the amount of certain complex carbohydrates in our diets. That's a task better relegated to more qualified people than me. My nutrition training led me to eliminate many processed foods from my own diet as a way to achieve optimal health and gave me many sources to back up such a "revolutionary" dietary approach. Revolutionary in this age of fast food, convenience and mass globalization. I simply choose to do what is best for me. I publish this information so that people like you can find ideas and inspiration for how to eat gluten-free and restrict your carbohydrates, if you so choose!

If you are looking for more information on the above topics, please do check out the following sources:
A recent book, called Wheat Belly
The very excellent Specific Carbohydrate Diet website, for more information on how to eliminate Crohns, colitis and other digestive disorders through diet management.
Gary Taubes's website; a scientific journalist who has documented hundreds of studies linking obesity, diabetes, and more to overconsumption of starches and sugars.
If you're interested in where most supermarket food comes from - and we should be - try to find a copy of Food Inc, a documentary about the terrifying reality of mass-production of food.
And there are numerous other bloggers touting the many advantages of eating fewer starchy carbohydrates; simply Google Paeleo Diet or Caveman Diet and you'll find hundreds of resources online.

As for me, well, I'm just going to keep my head down, keep eating, and keep on writing it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment