Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm a Baked Goods Addict

Take a look at this fabulous thing. This is my addiction. The bakery down the street makes huge trayfuls of this bar daily. And sells them in huge portions. I don't even know what it's called. Caramel chocolate nut bar?

I am drawn to this baked goodie like a moth to a flame. And when it's in the house it's all I can think of. I'm going to try and make something like this one day, with almond flour, and other substitutes. It won't hold a candle to this baby though.

For someone like me who has problems digesting flour and sugar, this is the face of evil. But what a gorgeous delicious face it is...

UPDATE: I bought this bar on Saturday and ate it slowly and with passion! It is the last time I will ever eat it. In the next 6 months I will try to recreate its loveliness in a gluten-free version, perhaps with an almond flour crust, sweetener-free carob chips, coconut, walnuts and of course, honey. Not sure how I'll make the caramel however.

No comments:

Post a Comment